Looking for cheap UK car insurance?Click here for quotes
Seat Ibiza Reliability
Named after the sunshine filled island of Ibiza, the first Seat Ibiza came into the scene back in 1984 when it was introduced at the Paris Motor Show, and since then many other generations have followed. There is a variety of different Ibiza models available out there such as the SEAT Ibiza E, SEAT Ibiza S A/C, SEAT Ibiza SE, SEAT Ibiza FR, and SEAT Ibiza Cupra.
Being a supermini vehicle, it definitely features all the qualities of cars from that category. It has many good qualities, but is not void of some setbacks. In this article, we take a look at what makes the Seat Ibiza unreliable.
Overall Problems in Different SEAT Ibiza Models
Knowing common problems seen in Seat Ibiza cars can help you find the exact problem with your vehicle, or just what you should look for in the future. The following are common problems experienced in the Seat Ibiza.
- Trim rattling
- It is not uncommon for the EGR valve to become clogged with carbon, resulting in poor performance.
- Hearing a very loud noise originating from the exhaust.
- The coil pack has been known to fail leading to rough running and idling.
- Valves not working properly
- It is a common issue for the washer jet pipes on the Ibiza to crack.
Seat Ibiza 1.0 MPI SE 2017 Drawbacks
- Rear visibility is not good because of the sharply styled body work, sculpted wing mirrors and omission of a reversing aid.
- Stylised bodywork causes collection of dirt on small parts of the vehicle, making cleaning difficult and increasing the risk of scratches.
- The engine releases some vibrations at low speed driving.
Seat Ibiza 1.4 Sportrider drawbacks
- MPG is not as great as similar modern cars
- It has only two airbags.
- Lacks traction control
Seat Ibiza 1.2 Drawbacks
- Uncomfortable back seats
- Basic interior lacks quality
- Lacks button keys; you have to open the door manually.
Seat Ibiza Sport, 1.6-Litre to 1.9 Litre Drawbacks
- Vehicle has a lot of road noise.
- Persistent wind noise issue coming from wing mirror region.
Seat Ibiza Cupra, 1.0-Litre to 1.5 Litre Drawbacks
- Doors have poor hinges
- Tyre roar and vibration of the fascia at a certain rpm
Seat Ibiza Ecomotive Drawbacks
- Excessive engine noise
- Eco tyres are also noisy
- Costly maintenance
Seat Ibiza 2.0 TDI Drawbacks
- Ride quality does not feel very safe at high speeds
- Poor quality materials used in the car's cabin.
Seat Ibiza Hatchback Drawbacks
- Steering lacks enough feel
- Some hard plastics in the interior.